E-cigarettes have been on the market for quite some time. However, their long-term effects have remained unknown, due to the fact that so little research had been conducted on them. Research takes time and studies have been made surrounding the health risks associated with e-cigarettes and vaping.
Vaping has become mainstream as a healthier alternative to cigarettes. They have been marketed as a way to quit smoking. the have also been marketed as a recreational way to enjoy the sensation of smoking, but replaced with what was thought of as harmless water vapor.
The reality has come to light that the vapor inhaled and expelled while using e-cigarettes is not merely water vapor. the vapor in fact contains chemicals and substances which are considered harmful to your health.
According to the American Cancer Society, E-cigarettes and e-cigarette vapor may contain the chemicals or substances listed below.
- Volatile organic compounds (VOCs): VOCs are often found and measured in paint and related compounds. VOCs can cause eye, nose and throat irritation, headaches and nausea. VOCs have the potential to damage the liver, kidneys and nervous system.
- Flavoring chemicals: There are over 7000 different flavors of e-liquid available on the market. These e-liquids contain toxins that are harmful to the body. Some flavorings are more toxic than others. Many different flavors contain a chemical called diacetyl, which is normally harmless, but when heated to a vapor, is toxic to breathe in.
- Formaldehyde: This is a cancer-causing substance that may form if e-liquid overheats. Formaldehyde is also found in embalming fluid. It will form in an e-cig if not enough liquid is reaching the heating element.
According to John Hopkins Medicine, “E-cigarettes and regular cigarettes contain many of the same cancer-causing chemicals.” The extent of the cancer-causing chemicals found in e-cigarettes varies from traditional cigarettes. There is not enough data about e-cigarettes to know if the effects are different from one flavor to another, the device type, or other variables are at play.
Have you become sick or injured from smoking e-cigarettes?
More and more cases are popping up where people are becoming sick or injured after smoking e-cigarettes. If you or someone you know has been injured from vaping, the first thing you should do is seek medical attention. Also, reach out to one of our e-cigarette lawsuit attorneys who can help you seek the compensation you deserve.
Let Us Review Your Case for Free
If you suffered complications from vaping, the team from The Law Offices of Betz and Baril can take legal action on your behalf. We pursue compensation for you, building a strong case on your behalf. Our team conducts a full investigation to learn the facts of your case. As a part of this investigation, we identify and collect:
- Medical bills
- Tax forms and wage statements
- Any proof of your pain and suffering
- Other documentation of your losses and expenses
Talk to a E-cigarette Lawsuit Attorney
If you or a loved one suffered complications after vaping or smoking e-cigarettes , the team from the Law Offices of Betz and Baril is here to help. We offer free case reviews and can help you understand your legal options.
We handle all e-cigarette cases on a contingency fee basis, so you won't owe us anything unless we recover compensation for you.
Call us today at 865-888-8888 for your free consultation with a knowledgeable member of our team.
No related posts.